Information Package / Course Catalogue
General Information
Unit Managers
Prof. Işıl SÖNMEZ
Department Head
Unit Coordinators
Assist. Prof. Veli Özgen ÖZTÜRK
Bologna (ECTS/DS) Coordinator
Assist. Prof. Yener OKUTAN
Erasmus Coordinator
Assist. Prof. Gül DİNÇ ATA
Farabi Coordinator
Assist. Prof. Nasibe Aycan YILMAZ
Mevlana Coordinator
History
The building of dentistry where our faculty is located is the one of old building in Aydın. The exact building date is diffrently explain in diffrent sources . Indeed, building was built at the end of the 1800’s and early 1900’s. We are proud and horoned to have a such valuable faculty building. The building which provide people with health service in the first year of the Republic, after than Adnan Menderes University was transferred to the Rector. It was useful for Faculty of Medicine from 1993 to 2010. Now School of Dentistry will provide public services a long time. The history of our building in the web site of Aydın state Hospital was builted for used as police station while Aydin- Izmir state railway was built. After the Railway construction was finished, building used as a police station until 1892. Than the construction started the service with the name of ‘Millet Hospital’. After years, various units were added to the wiht aid of the region people and hospital was enlarged. It is believed that Ministry of Healh has been changed to name ‘State Hospital’. In the web site of the MEdical Faculty’ s Hospital of our university ‘ An association was established in 1918 for built hospital under the chairmanship of Ali Saim and foundation of today’s hospital building was laid. Aydın was occupied in 1919, Dr Saim migrated to Çine and hospital was not complated. During the war of indipendence, the building was used as a Greek army outpost while the city of Aydın and its region were under Greek occupation. After war, it served as a place for immigrants to temporarily stay. Then building wich became the Aydin state Hospital and give service with two doctor in the 1928. Hospital has increased gradually , in the 1930’s with x-ray and eye clinics, the 1950’s added tuberculosis pavilion and new building, 1970’s administration building and social facilities in 1992. This historic building which was taken over in 1993, was orginally repaired and contiued to develop as of 1996 and began to serve as a Medical and Helath Sciences Center Research and Application Hospital of the Faculty of Medicine.
Mission
Adnan Menderes University School of Dentistry has made a principle to educate dentists, specialists and academicians who think ahead of the time and develop their knowledge and skills to reach this aim.
Vision
It is our duty to educate all graduate and master students who are studying at our faculty, dentists and academics who are accepted in the sense of academic and patients satisfaction.
Adnan Menderes University - Information Package / Course Catalogue