Program of (masters with thesis) Tourism Management is comprised of total at least 120 ECTS (60 ECTS credits, 21 national credits, at least 7 courses, at least a course of seminar, specialized field topics for dissertation and dissertation study. Course of seminar and specialized field topics for dissertation study are non- credit and they are evaluated as "successful" and "unsuccessful". Graduate students may choose two of the courses at most from bachelor's level provided that they have not taken during their undergraduate education.Completion period of the Postgraduate Program (masters with thesis) of Tourism Management is four academic terms at least and six academic terms at most except for Scientific Preparation Period.
Terms of Exchange and Transition Programs
Each program in department of business of tourism are at different levels, For this reason, it is not possible to transfer or exchange among programs in the department. But transfer and exchange between similar programs from other universities need approval of department’s academic committee.
Specific Admission Requirements
In order to apply for the Post Graduate Program of Tourism Management:
1. Applicants have to be graduated from faculties or high schools of universities giving four-year education in Turkey or equal faculties or high schools of universities abroad whose equivalence is accepted by Turkish Council of Higher Education.
2. Applicants have to have bachelor's degree in tourism field.
3. It is necessary for the applicants to have got at least 55 points from Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES-EA) or equal points from an alternative forms.
4. Bachelor's Degrees having been received from abroad have to be approved by Turkish Council of High Education.
5. While applying for The Postgraduate Program of Tourism Management, Applicants have to prepare their original bachelor degrees or true copy of the original approved by the university; grade point average of their bachelor's degree and transcript; exam results of ALES/ TUS or alternative forms internationally accepted.
6. It is necessary to get at least 40 points from YDS (Foreign Language Exam) or equal points from an alternative forms.
7. Application Form
Specific Arrangements For Recognition Of Prior Learning
The equivalance of the courses succeded by students in the prior master programs and which semester they should start are determined after proposal of Department of Tourism Management and decision of Board of Institute Management. In the Lateral Transfer, all the courses taken have to be succeeded and at least 70 grade point average.
Profile of The Programme
Master’s of Tourism Business Program consist of 4 semester’s time after bachelor’s degree. All courses are in Turkish.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates With Examples
Graduates could be employed in different tourism establishment and departments of tourism such as hotels, marinas, airlines, restaurants, thermal tourism centers, travel agencies, tour operators, convention centers, airlines and charter business, maritime organizations, Ministry of Tourism, local organization involving tourism and academic carreer.
Access to Further Studies
It is possible to attend in many doctorate programs besides tourism.
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
Students have two exams (midterm exam-final exam) during each semesters. Total point of 40% of midterm exam and 60% of finbal exam must be at least 70 to be successful. Exams could be done oral and/or written, applied ormixed way. Students are informed about the evaluation of the exams at the beginning of semester. Table shows assessment of evaluation in double and four point grading systems.
Hundred Point System Double Letter Four Points System Evaluation
90-100 AA 4.00 Excellent
85-89 BA 3.50 Excellent
75-84 BB 3.00 Good
70-74 CB 2.50 Fair
0-69 CC 2.00 Fail
To graduate from the Program of (masters with thesis) Tourism Management, it is necessary to coemplete total at least 120 ECTS (60 ECTS credits, 21 national credits, 7 courses, at least a course of seminar, specialized field topics for dissertation and thesis)
There is no obligatory internship in the program.
Person Responsible for Information Package
Adnan Menderes University - Information Package / Course Catalogue