Department of Elementary Education was founded in 2003. It has division of elementary teacher education and division of preschool education programs.
The department comprises 2 professors, 4 associate professors, 5 assistant professors, 2 Lecturers and 2 research assistants.
The department of elementary education was founded within faculty of education by the cabinet’s 01.09.1997 date and 97/9892 number decision. In 2000-2001 academic year, the division of elementary teacher education has started to instruction with 104 students. In 2005-2006 academic year, the division of preschool education program was founded within the department of elementary education and started to instruciton.
Since 09.07.2003 the programs at the Department of Elementary Education are as follows:
Department of Elementary Education:
Division of Elementary Teacher Education Program
Division of Preschool Education Program
• In accordance with the legislation of Turkish National Education System; ıt is aimed to train qualified teachers to work in education institutions, with basic knowledge, skills and attitudes and to train secular,modern and democrat teachers endowed with Kemalist ideals, and loyal to the principles of the Republic .
• To provide an educational program which is current, recognized among nationally and internationally Teacher Education Programs and to prepare students for a successful career.
• Based on the principle of continuity of development ,to train graduates as those dedicated to learning to learn throughout their lives, to perform their duty effectively exploring social, economic, scientific and technological developments, serving at public and private educational institutions for preschool education and cooperating with non-governmental organizations .
• To bring up teachers self-motivated for improvement,having the proficiency and ambition to transfer the acquired knowledge to future generations.
• To train teachers looking for the best, responsive to the needs of the child and society, in an effort to work together to identify problems and reaching the goals.
• To maximize the reputation of the Department of Elementary Education at national and international levels.
• To be in a position accepted and preferred at national and international levels in the field.
• In the process of harmonization with the European Union; to participate in the education dissemination and development of education projects in our country and to support scientific research with knowledge and equipment.
• Required by the modern and democratic society,to be a teacher training institution the graduates of which having the ambition to bring up creative, investigative, enterprising, self-controlled individuals who are able to freely express their thoughts and feelings, transferring the basic life skills into everyday life, , valuing diversity and respecting human rights, eager to learn and healthy in mental and physical aspects.
In accordance with the legislation of Turkish National Education System; ıt is aimed to train qualified teachers to work in education institutions, with basic knowledge, skills and attitudes and to train secular,modern and democrat teachers endowed with Kemalist ideals, and loyal to the principles of the Republic .
Department of Elementary Education has 14 classrooms, 5 specially equipped classrooms, 1 computer lab, 1 music laboratory.
Students in the department can both use the university library and the library in the faculty. Conference hall of the Convention Center and the Faculty of Education have the opportunity to participate in all activities that occur. In addition to sports facilities, students participate in student clubs.
Students in the program, benefit the university library together with a library in the Faculty of Education. The students have the opportunity of participating to the all cultural and academic events realized in the Conference hall of the University Convention Center and the Faculty of Education Conference Hall. In addition, the students participate to sportive facilities, and student clubs individually.
Person Responsible for Information Package
Adnan Menderes University - Information Package / Course Catalogue